\

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I've got so many tasks before me. Oy. At least I got the 'puter up and running again. All the fonts are in order and I don't have to skip every other email and web page because it's in Portuguese. In the end it was probably a good thing it went down and had to be blown out and lubed. There is noticeable improvement in the machine's speed and efficiency. Now, if I could only say the same for myself.

Called the credit card company today and demanded a lower rate. They gave it to me! One phone call. Took all of 2 minutes. I'm a dope for not doing it months ago. Every dollar saved is a beer later.

Had a nice quiet birthday for Mrs. Ditchman at home. I could tell by the look on her face that she wished I had not got her any gifts, given our current financial circumstances, but I assured her that these were things I was going to purchase sooner or later anyway -I just wrapped them! (Not counting the Air Supply Greatest Hits album.)

And if I hadn't got anything for her? Well, I'd never hear the end of it. I quote Admiral Ackbar: It's a trap!

My wife's birthday marks the end of PHASE 1 of this grand year. No more rapid succession of events firing off at will. The first few months of the year are always spent running and ducking, but come mid-April, it's a more manageable front. I'll now fall in forthwith and tackle the old projects, start some new ones, fulfill ancient obligations, and maintain the current mayhem. This is when the resolutions of the new year really stand up to be heard, and it's worth having a listen. The calendar has stretched out a bit, and we can finally look to the future. Analysis: the future looks pretty full. That's a good thing. Wallowing in inactivity makes us old without having anything to show for it.

The Little Ditchman woke up singing this morning. Just laid in bed singing Itsy Bitsy Spider and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Would that we were all so content. We might be, if we just woke up and started singing.


~