\

Friday, September 4, 2009


One more pic of good ole' Larry's house in La Canada. Not much can be said about it, as it speaks for itself, eh? Pretty sure it's the same view from a lot of houses in La Canada, La Crescenta, Tujunga, Altadena, et al. Moonscape-ville. Welcome to Tranquility Base.

If I had a helicopter, I would fly over my house and take pictures all the time. Does every pilot do this? Fly over, circle once or twice, and say, "Hey! There's my house!" Funny.

In other news, Lileks used the word ichor in a sentence on his blog the other day. I would never in a million years think to use the word ichor, though I happen to know what it means, and have seen it before. This is why I will never be a professional writer, because words like ichor never appear in my brain at the necessary and appropriate time. No matter how much I write, or how hard I pound the keys, ichor does not manifest in my cerebrum as a utility. Mrs. Ditchman had a bloody nose in the shower the other night, dripping ichor on the linoleum and calling my name. If I had thought of the word myself, it might have been a great little story. Hilarious, even. But I didn't have the words. Writing can be such an ichor-letting enterprise!

As is building aluminum patio covers. Yesterday it was hotter, but the previous day it was more humid. I infinitely prefer the heat to the humidity, but that is a preference that has no bearing or matter on anything in my life. It's not like I'm trying to decide between a vacation to The Grand Canyon or a vacation to Wailua Falls, and in that case humidity would win out, so, hey, what do I know?

Labor Day Weekend! Have a fine one. Don't work, don't have a baby, just take it easy. Why they don't just call it "BBQ Day" is beyond me, but then again, not a lot has been making much sense lately. Anyway, be careful with that fire.



Wailua Falls, Kauai


~