\

Thursday, March 26, 2009

So last night's dream is private. It was of the kind that would cause embarrassment and one to suffer accusation. Ever have a dream like that? Can you be blamed for it? I believe it was in some Disney movie where they said "a dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep". This can't be true. I've had some dreams that make my heart seem like rude, black chaff.

Hey look! There's one!


It's a shooting star, just sitting there in the desert. I presume they took the picture before they went over and plucked it off the landscape to deliver to the research institution. (It's full of tiny diamonds, you know.)

The article is here. Oh, science. Aren't shooting stars in the nighttime sky just the fleeting dreams of children? And those meteorites that land the ones that come true?

No.

There's a ton of end-of-the-world stuff in the news today. I was going to filter it all through here but... let me put it this way: Mrs. Ditchman said that if The End is coming, she didn't want to know about it. She's right. Let's ditch the character arc of the Apocalypse and just bring it on. I'm too busy to worry about it.

But I love that picture of the shooting star just sitting there in the desert. Some part of me wishes they had just left it there.


~