\

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Life is like a comedy sometimes. But it's not like one of those Jim Carrey comedies. It's more like one of those offbeat comedies with a cult following, where some people find it all-out hilarious while the rest of everyone wanders around, intellectually bumping into one another, not getting it.

The kids are sick with colds, and it's been cold, and last night the heater failed to. So I spent the morning trying to fix it. This is very similar to the previously covered experience with the dryer not heating, and then, a few more months back, that attic fan failing -so I'm not going to go into it. If you want recycled plot points, try network television.

Now I'm late for work, and I'm going to run off with the nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I may have missed something in the furnace and now the house will burn down.

Thursday.


~