\

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's not in any of the marathon books, but one of the most difficult things about running these long distance races is all those aluminum patio covers you have to build in the following week. Does anyone else have this problem? I can't seem to find any supportive, clinical facts on the subject.

Legitimately: I do not have time for this. I would if I was a better manager of my time, and everyone came through problemless on their promises, but NO. Forces of guile and swindle have banded together in opposition of me and my work week. It would help not to have lingering, full-body fatigue and joint pain. It also would help not to have screaming, crying children around when I'm clearly trying to get something IMPORTANT done. Oh well. That which kills me only serves to make me stronger! (Wait- how does it go?)

It could be worse, I could be this guy. Just think about it. One moment, you're living your life, ho-hum, and the next it's your fault all those people died and how dare you deny it. Tomorrow we will discover that that deer I hit that night on the highway was actually the last surviving Bigfoot and all that paint thinner I poured down the drain killed the Loch Ness Monster. I am so sorry.

The Little Ditchman just handed me a Barbie of Swan Lake VHS tape and asked to watch it. I say: "Honey, antiques are not toys." and "Oh, no! We don't have a VCR!" Okay, actually, we do, but... how much fun would it be to hook up a VCR right now?

Can't. Got work. See you kids tomorrow, on my way to work. Love you.


~